£30,000 - £45,000
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Working structure: Monday to Friday- 40 hours per week- Hybrid working considered for the right candidate.
Our client has been the home of motoring in the south west for over 70 years and there success is built by and through their people. They have over 550 talented staff across various sites throughout the West country, They are proud that so many employees stay with the company and develope their career over a long period of time with support and ongoing training, they have over 100 staff that have completed between 10-40 years service within the company presently and hold this at high regard.
Benefits on offer:
- holiday accrual scheme
- A day off for your birthday
- Life Assurance
- Exclusive discounts for vehicle purchases and servicing.
- Half-day paid leave on Christmas Eve
- Sick Pay accrual scheme
- Paid jury service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff discounts scheme including discounted gym membership, shopping, eating out and much more
- Bike to work scheme
- Loyalty and long service recognition
- Staff referral scheme
- Customer referral scheme
Using your excellent technical skills and knowledge you will be designing, developing and supporting there ICT infrastructure through:
Technical expertise – leading the technical delivery of ICT Solutions
- Resolving escalated, complex faults.
- Implementing and controlling suitable network monitoring processes and procedures to ensure high availability of systems and continued customer satisfaction. Recognising and report system deficiencies and implement effective solutions
- Creating, executing and maintaining technology plans to meet the changing needs of the customer
- Identifying and reporting security vulnerabilities and technical risks and then recommend and implement risk mitigation
Project management – delivering projects within the technology roadmap
- Assisting with the design and delivery of infrastructure projects and related work streams
- Ensuring managed projects are delivered to time and budget with necessary documentation created and maintained as appropriate
- Producing monthly KPI reports relative to specific current technical projects whilst ensuring any issues that may impact the success of a project are reported to the Group ICT Solutions Manager
Internal operations – the lifecycle management of Servers, Networks, Security, Storage and Disaster recovery
- Ensuring all components of the ICT infrastructure are maintained appropriately and that service and support plans are reviewed and highlighted on a regular basis
- Creating, maintaining and testing effective ICT recovery plans to ensure required continuity of business services in the event of a critical incident, disaster and/or data loss
- Continuing protection of data and intellectual property of the company and its customer information
- Mitigating IT risk and ensuring compliance, to avoid legal penalties, material loss and/or reputational damage to the organisation
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation to aid the team
- Understanding complex network infrastructure concepts to solve business challenges
- Contributing to the ICT knowledgebase, ensuring continuous delivery of technical excellence
- Assisting with the creation and implementation of the ICT change control process
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers regarding issues that cannot be resolved internally
What a successful candidate must offer:
This is a key role to the ICT team, you will need to lead on the support and development of core systems in a varied and complex environment.
- Have a hugh focus on ICT security
- Essential indepth knowledge of MS Server 2012, MS cloud Products, Storafe, LAN/WAN, Routing and Switching
- Essential indepth knowledge of Firewall, Virtualisation, Mobile device management (MS Intune), Endpoint protection
- Desirable knowledge of MS Azure, VMware, Hyper-V, Cyber Security (Qualifications and/or relevant experience)
To apply, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Gemma or Geraldine. Many thanks for your interest.