£50,000 - £55,000
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Working structure: 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday) with some flexibility on start / finish times within the office hours of 8.30 – 18.00. Potential for one day a week working from home after completion of probationary period.
My client is the home of motoring in the South West for over 70 years and our success is built by and through of there people. It’s important to the Directors that everyone feels that they’re part of something special. Along with an exciting career opportunity, competitive salaries, they have a great benefit package including but not limited to:
The Senior Management Accountant will ensure that proper systems and procedures relating to accounting matters are fully implemented in order to produce accurate and timely reports and management accounts. Lead, develop, coach and train the management accounts team. Work closely with all the Directors and Departmental Managers to ensure that the management accounts are fully understood and accurate. Creation of profit and working capital improvement strategies.
Key Responsibilities & Accountability
- Ensure that the dealer management system Drive and InforPM operates efficiently in order to produce accurate reporting for the business.
- Develop the management accounts team through ongoing communication, training and coaching to ensure that individual and company goals are achieved including individual study review forms and training plans.
- Prepare summary operating control figures for all Departments in conjunction with the InforPM and RWA reporting systems including DPA reports.
- Prepare monthly management accounts to established timescales. Ensure the Management Accounts Checklist is fully completed monthly and review with the Group Accountant.
- Communicate regularly with the Directors and Departmental Managers to ensure that the monthly management accounts / manufacturer composite reports are fully understood and that any necessary corrective action is taken.
- Analyse monthly accounts in order to highlight areas to improve profitability.
- Ensure that all monthly composite data for all franchises is submitted in accordance with manufacturers requirements and deadlines. Review composite reports for any anomalies with particular regard to the statistics. Submit annual business plans to the required manufacturer deadlines.
- Ensure that all nominal balance sheet accounts are reconciled regularly and investigate and resolve outstanding balances to maximise company cash flow. Facilitate monthly review meetings on key reconciliations including the Group Accountant and Financial Director.
- Have a working knowledge of all the companies HMRC requirements including VAT, Corporation Tax, Benefits in Kind and general compliance to maintain our low risk status. Prepare the quarterly VAT return including all the required Drive Vehicle checks.
- Oversee the Fixed Asset Register including reviewing fully depreciated assets for disposal.
- Produce schedules, reconciliations and reports required for monthly and statutory audit purposes.
- Compile annual budgets in consultation with Departmental Managers and Directors.
- Identify training needs for Managers / Departments and facilitate training to them in using correct company procedures. Follow up this training to ensure its success.
- Qualified CCAB Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA).
- Previous motor trade experience desirable.
- Strong academic background (Degree & A levels or equivalent).
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Driving licence to enable occasional site visits.
To apply, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Geraldine. Many thanks for your interest.