Please apply with salary expectations
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
We are working with a well established, local manufacturer to recruit a Senior Electrical Manufacturing / Test Engineer. Your job would be to make a difference by being involved in the development and delivery of new technologies and practices.
Working closely with the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and a team of established professional experienced engineers you will support all aspects of the production processes from Design reviews, DFMEA, PFMEA through to a full production line deployment. The role will involve development of new and existing production lines where you will plan, design, set-up, modify, optimise and monitor manufacturing processes from an Electrical prospective.
You will have the ability to design and deliver the right first-time approach for electrical systems ranging from simple manual flow systems to team deployment of full automation. Where automation is used you will be working with our Senior Controls Engineer and external machine builders closely throughout the project to ensure that the specification is delivered against and specific data integration is designed into the core of the machine.
A key aspect of this role is to deliver a Smart factory solution where data collection, machine performance metrics and integration of database solutions for a visual factory performance monitoring system to forge a way forward in digitalization of our factory. We would like to link up in a gradual phased approach all of our factory data together from production lines, test equipment, automation lines, injection mould machines and other areas where performance is critical to reduce cost. All of this data is to be represented in real time on a web based graphical system of efficiency. From this we can assess the low performing areas and target key activities within our core technical teams to improve the overall factory performance. This data can support the Manufacturing Engineering Team, Maintenance Team and Management team in realising continuous improvement in efficiency across the factory
- Manufacturing processes and performance metrics like OEE, FPY and Productivity
- Able to program in C#/C++ and LabView
- Understanding and interest in innovation of AI, iOT , Industry 4.0 and digitization
- Kaizen / Lean Techniques / Six Sigma tools: FMEA, Control Plans, Takt
- Strong problems solving skills are essential
- Skills to analyse and validate process changes using Minitab / Excel or similar
- Ergonomics / Health and safety, and an awareness of overall behavioral standards and compliance in the workplace.
- Proficient use of SQL server / Access databasing
- Previous integration of a performance system is an advantage
- Enthusiasm, determination and tenacity
- Commercial awareness
- Capable of working well under pressure / Multi-tasking
- Good team working and pro-active approach to lead tasks to completion
- Relevant technical knowledge and analytical skills
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Ideally an Electrical Engineering HND/Degree.
What we can offer you?
- You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and attractive development opportunities
- Flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life
- Optimal support on your career path through regular training opportunities
- A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working with a global energised team
- A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
- An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.
If you have the required experiences listed above and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Stephen. Many thanks for your interest.