£25,000 to £27,000
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
I am recruiting for a Senior Payroll Administrator to join a large manufacturing company. The successful person will have sole responsibility for running a weekly payroll of circa 200 people and a monthly payroll of circa 60 people. In order to be considered, you will have experience of running a weekly payroll with varying shift patterns and ideally have used a T&A system previously.
- Recording holidays and sickness to ensure employees absence records are correct and up to date. Also calculating holiday entitlements based on individuals hours and contracts
- Obtain data and interrogate the payroll system and liaising with department heads to rectify any anomalies.
- Working to strict deadlines to ensure employees are paid on time each week.
- Collation of weekly KPI information for managers/senior managers & directors
- Calculating payments and deductions of PAYE, tax, national insurance, SMP, SSP, holiday pay, staff loans etc.
- Creating and posting journals into the accounts software after each payroll processed, weekly & monthly.
- Calculate and post the accruals at each month end.
- Balancing all payroll ledgers at the month end to the nominal.
- Undertaking the year end procedures ensuring all forms are accurately filed in line with deadlines including completion of P11d’s and payment of Class 1A NIC
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Experience of running a weekly payroll with varying shift patterns.
- Working knowledge of a T&A system
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Work well under pressure and be able to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- A payroll qualification would be highly advantageous i.e. CIPP.
- Previous experience with Sage is desirable.
If you have the relevant experience as detailed, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533