£25,000 - £27,000 Flexible Salary + Benefits
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
We are on the lookout for talented Full-stack Software Engineers to join a fun, friendly and long standing business in the heart of Plymouth. If you’re innovative, motivated and looking for a rewarding job at the most successful web applications development business in the South West of England, then you need look no further – you’ll fit right in.
You’ll be working with a small team of Software Engineers on consumer-facing products. You’ll need to have a strong understanding of core Engineering principles and production experience within Software Engineering techniques such as; automated testing, source control, deployment pipelines, infrastructure and agile planning.
We’re looking for someone driven by a desire to deliver user experiences that other companies will aspire to! We offer excellent benefits including flexi-working and prioritise our teams; training, personal development and general well being as we genuinely appreciate that you are no less than the future of our business! You will be working from home while COVID guidance remains as it is, following which there could be opportunity for part time home working.
- Build efficient, high-performing websites and systems that are standards-based and work across browsers and platforms.
- Write; efficient, clean, readable, fast, testable, documented, monitored code and systems.
- Deliver new features to production.
- Contribute to the product development, mission, and success – way beyond checking off development tasks.
- Collaborate with Product Designers and other Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
- Work closely with other engineers in a small, informal team environment.
- Ship code often in a fast-paced agile environment with continuous deployment.
Experience & Skills
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or related Degree.
- Experience with; Node, Express, Docker, React, Redux and Webpack.
- Experience with NoSQL DB’s (specifically MongoDB).
- Experience writing integration and unit tests.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to learn/adapt to new technologies.
- Top-notch communication skills.
- Experience with other NoSQL DB’s like Redis and ElasticSearch Preferred.
- Experience with AWS services like EC2, ECS, ALB, Lambda, S3 etc Preferred.
- Experience working within a microservice architecture Preferred.
- Understanding of Linux and AWS technologies Preferred.
- We’re dynamic, diverse and fast-paced. We don’t hang around.
- We believe that anything is possible with the right technology!
- We are friendly and laid back. It’s our work that we take seriously, not ourselves!
- We are no dot-com start-up, we are 100% bootstrapped and have been operating for over 10 years.
- We all love the beach and the sea – are you seeing a theme here?
- We offer excellent benefits!
- What you work on will impact the lives of millions of people around the world.
- You will work with a talented team of friends who are there to support you!
- You’ll get enormous amounts of positive and constructive feedback helping you develop your skills.
- We promote internally – so work hard and who knows where you will end up!
- Your hard work will genuinely matter to us and our business – you are not, I repeat not just a number to us.
- Due to ongoing expansion, you will join us with other new members of our well established and long standing team.
This is an opportunity not to be missed! We are especially interested in hearing from local individuals with a passion for the ocean; whether that is surfing, fishing, or just watching the waves crash in Devon! What are you waiting for? Apply now and I will be in touch to discuss the next steps.