£35,000 - £40,000 plus bonus
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Solar & Storage Technician sought after for the Taunton/Bridgwater region. You will be working for a market leading company where support, career development and growth is on offer.
What will you get?
- Salary offering £35K – £40K
- 25 days holiday per year
- Flexible working
- Pension and Healthcare
- Training package
- Bonus paid annually
What will you be doing?
- Follow and manage health and safety requirements and help to maintain and improve safety standards across the plants
- Achieve and maintain Authorised Person status determined by training received, experience gained and in line with individual job role requirements
- Undertake planned inspection and maintenance according to legal, technical, manufacturer and contractual requirements
- Inspect, test and maintain plant and equipment.
- Undertake AC and DC system testing, troubleshooting and fault-finding
- Perform reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and resolution promptly
- Troubleshoot and repair on sensors and communication equipment including RS485, Ethernet and fibre optic networks.
- Configure computer-based devices and components, including firmware updates
- Occasionally assist with ground maintenance, cleaning or mechanical work
- Induct and manage sub-contractors, ensure their safe working and undertake quality checks on their work.
- Keep accurate maintenance records and compile reports
- Keep in close communication with the O&M office and team functions
- Travel between the sites and offices
- Occasionally work away from home for training courses or to cover other sites for up to 1 week at a time
- Other tasks determined by the role
What do you need to do the job?
- Knowledge of central inverters desirable
- Principles of High Voltage operations
- Technical understanding of AC, DC, SCADA, instrumentation and communications networks
- Good knowledge and understanding of solar PV technology is essential
- Good knowledge and understanding of HVAC, fire protection, security systems is desirable
- Good knowledge and understanding of battery storage technology, although training can be given in this area
- Experience, reading, writing and amending Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Experience working with equipment vendors to support diagnosis of faults
- DC and LV installation, fault finding, testing and commissioning
- Experience working remotely
- Solar PV installation and O&M experience (MW-scale or large commercial ground-mount)
- Battery storage installation and O&M experience (MW- scale) is desirable
- Experience installing or maintaining ethernet and fibre optic communications
- Experience working with SCADA or data monitoring systems
- Work with Central inverters
- Work with High Voltage switchgear
Skills and Attributes
- Approach to safe working practices
- Excellent communication skills, fluent written and spoken English
- Able to respond to changing priorities and emergent issues
- Enthusiasm for personal development
- Able to read and interpret schematic diagrams and technical manuals
- Computer skills for writing reports, reporting progress and communicating by email
- Passion, Accountability, Collaboration, and Excellence
- Full UK driving licence
- Approved Electrician
- Inspection and testing qualifications (C&G 2391 or 2394/5) highly valued
- First aid qualifications
- Health & Safety qualifications (e.g. IOSH Managing Safely, SMSTS)
APPLY NOW or call Steve Clarke on 01392 691690