Up to £20K DOE
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Goods In Controller required to work for a large manufacturing company on the outskirts of Plymouth. The successful candidate will be responsible for booking in all goods received and to ensure all relevant checks, record keeping and transactions are conducted on incoming goods before they are released into the factory to ensure adherence to our internal policies and procedures, for example COSHH clearance and quality inspection booking. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global Manufacturer who puts quality and innovation at the fore front of their ethos.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Booking in all cages and factored from shipments on SAP and liaise with Buyer on incoming shipments from overseas.
- Booking in sample parts, raw materials and other on SAP.
- Check material quantity and part number against the delivery notes.
- Check deliveries for COSHH clearance against COSHH register prior to booking in material.
- Prioritise urgent parts for booking in and maintain urgency board.
- Book parts to quality inspection as per the quality inspection board and complete necessary SAP stock transactions.
- Complete all RTS transactions and paperwork upon supplier collection/disposition of material and liaise with purchasing to arrange collections.
- Verify receipt of raw material with test certificate prior to booking in.
- Import data onto import packing register.
- Deliver miscellaneous material and paperwork to the main office.
- Co-ordinate transport arrangements for returnable packaging with despatch.
- Filing and organisation of all goods in paperwork.
- Help resolve booking in, stock and other Goods In queries.
- Collect post, order stationary and other general administration tasks.
Essential Experience / Skills and Candidate Attributes Required:
- Previous Goods in Controller experience from either warehousing, distribution or a Manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience of an MRP based system.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work as part of a team and under own initiative.
- Excellent problem solving skills
A valid, current Counterbalance forklift licence gained through an external training provider would be highly desirable for this role, although not essential
If you are an Experienced Goods in Controller please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat with regards to this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton.