Up to £21K DOE
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Stock Controller required to work for a large manufacturing company on the outskirts of Plymouth. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out scheduled cycle counts and stock investigations in SAP and WMS, creating reports on inaccuracies / process issues and liaising with colleagues to correct stock errors. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global Manufacturer who puts quality and innovation at the fore front of their ethos.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Generate cycle counts in SAP as per SAP schedule.
- Carry out physical stock counts generated by SAP.
- Make relevant adjustments in SAP and where applicable WMS.
- Prioritise stock checks raised in Lotus notes.
- Using SAP and WMS, interrogate transactions to find root cause of stock issues.
- Identify process and system issues that cause stock inaccuracies.
- Work with Logistics & Planning Manager and other stakeholders to rectify process and system issues.
- Support process improvements with updating training material, SOPs and training accordingly.
- Support with system improvements.
- Record and report all stock adjustments and where possible, root cause for stock inaccuracy.
- Liaise with Logistics, Purchasing, Planning, Sales, Engineering, PED and the Production Team to carry out stock correction activities.
- Forklift truck driving to obtain parts from racks, yard and shop floor, mainly using an Aisle master.
- Manual handling and lifting of parts in order to count stock in line with manual handling procedures.
- Operate in line with company Health and Safety procedures at all times.
- Report hazards / unsafe activity.
Experience / Skills and Candidate Attributes Required:
- Previous Stock Control experience gained from within a Manufacturing or Engineering environment is Essential.
- A valid, Counterbalance Forklift Licence, gained from an external training provider, along with recent Counterbalance forklift driving experience is essential.
- Proficient Excel user.
- Competent SAP User.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- Excellent communicator with a persistent attitude to problem solving.
If you are an Experienced Stock Controller with a valid Counterbalance Licence, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat with regards to this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton.