£9.00 - £9.50 Depending on experience
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
As the Stores Operative you will maintain suppliers of inventory and DIR purchase materials to all departments. Be proactive in maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the inventory. Receive, check, stow and distribute all stores as required.
- Assist with the work of the stores department.
- Receive deliveries at goods in and stow or distribute as required.
- Pick product from requisitions and receive returns as required.
- Cut materials to length as required for issue.
- Ensure product labelling it maintained.
- Advise project managers on receipt and location of job specific materials.
- Process receipts, issue and returns in the opera system, ensuring all transactions are posted in the main account promptly.
- Report on any low stock levels and routine stock replenishment requirements.
- Investigate and report any inventory discrepancies between physical stock and opera remains figure.
- Maintain all departmental logs. Report non-conformances.
- Maintain secure boundaries to all stores areas, including containers during working hours and ensure end of shift security checks and routine housekeeping tasks are carried out.
- Carry out daily forklift checks, maintain battery charge and fluid levels.
- Forklift operations as required onsite.
- Support with offsite deliveries when required.
- Report all equipment defects/damage.
- Any other ad hoc duties
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- General process and product knowledge across departments
- Understanding company goals and structures
- Multi skill in all stores functions beyond own specialism
- Computer literacy
- Warehouse experience
- Logical thinking
- Concern for quality
- Sticking to set processes
- Developing others
- Driving License (essential)
- Valid counter balance fork lift license (essential)
If you have recent relevant experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533.