£40K to £45K DOE
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Strategic Category lead required to develop and deliver the strategic procurement of Direct and Indirect goods & services at the optimal cost given the quality and service required.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Procurement, the successful candidate will be required to lead category management activities across a portfolio of projects to deliver cost and quality improvements and contribute to the development of Direct and Indirect Category Strategies. From market analysis to tender processes, policy framework to people management, this is pivotal in supporting the transformation of our clients end to end Supply Chain.
The position will span all Procurement Categories and collaboratively determine the most suitable and sustainable sourcing approach. The position will focus on driving the strategy that meets our business objectives and exceeds our stakeholder expectations. The position will also be required to assess what emerging challenges and opportunities might influence or impact company future procurement pipeline decisions.
Key Responsibilities but not exclusive to:
- Developing and implementing clear category management strategies where appropriate, ensuring sourcing strategy identifies and considers the risks relevant to the category and reduce business exposure for Indirect and Direct spend with a view to achieving savings (surcharge) targets, improving quality and service levels and achieving all other business objectives.
- Define measurement KPIs and issue updates to demonstrate progress, capturing and reporting on all activity across site, delivering maximum value from all third party spend within a range of portfolios
- Lead and execute tendering activities, negotiating terms of trade that are structured, mutually beneficial and sustainable with suppliers, contracting and contract management activities and the management of ongoing supplier relationships at a Company level. to support commercial and business objectives.
- Drive supplier engagement and capability, to drive improvement plans, innovation and cost efficiency
- Project managing the delivery of plans and initiatives including performing cost/benefit analysis for changes and ensure plans are in line with business objectives.
- Be the category expert and first point of contact for responsible spend areas, working closely with senior business stakeholders, in order to fully understand the business needs and ensure adherence to procedures that guide and direct contract compliance and performance as well as mitigating legal and business risks.
Experience, Qualifications, Skills and Candidate attributes required:
- Senior level, best practice, proven procurement experience along with demonstrable experience in category management, contract management, development of sourcing strategies across a range of category types, in both direct and indirect goods and services, gained from either a Manufacturing or Engineering environment is essential.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of negotiation, contract law, manufacturing, value engineering, forecasting, competitor analysis, market structure and analysis, project management and be equally confident managing people.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline coupled with Chartered MCIPS or equivalent
- Strong leadership, inspiring others to follow through example, coaching, setting direction and performance standards. influencing, motivation and management skills with a proven track record of networking and influencing both internally and externally.
- The ability to discuss complex issues with clarity and credibility to a cross functional audience of varied experience enabling effective decision making.
- The ability to make balanced recommendations for delivering successful strategic projects and implementing complex change
- A natural problem solver with a strong understanding of leveraging operating efficiencies and opportunities to gain added value from suppliers.
- The ability to apply clarity of purpose and define simple, robust operating processes.
- Resilient with a proactive focus on reducing business costs and always has a plan to meet or exceed targets without being asked.
- Develop skills to analyse, decide, prioritise and plan coupled with the ability to balance short term requirements with long term objectives to achieve commercial goals.
- Understands the customer requirements in terms of the categories of spend and become the category expert. Always seeking to improve quality and service for our internal/external stakeholders.
- Works with colleagues to do what is best for the Company as a whole, ahead of divisional, department or personal goals
If you are an experienced Senior Level Procurement Professional & are seeking a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by clicking the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.