£11.25 per hour plus sleep in rate
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Position: Support worker
Location: Plymouth, Devon
Rate of pay: £11.25 per hour and sleep in rate
Contracts: Part time and Full time
Are you a dedicated and compassionate care professional who is eager to make a meaningful impact on the lives of others? Our client’s esteemed company is currently seeking a skilled and motivated support worker to join their team in Plymouth, Devon. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to their mission of providing exceptional care and support to individuals within the community.
Our client is an organisation offering support to people with learning disabilities, mental health issues and other identified areas of need. They are committed to supporting and enabling people to live within the community. Our client continuously strives to achieve this by working in an open and honest way, by valuing both the people they support and it’s valued staff members.
There working environment includes:
- Growth opportunities
- Ongoing training and Development
- Overtime and competitive sleep in rate
Key Responsibilities/ Duties:
As a Support Worker, you will play a pivotal role within our clients team by:
- Applying your knowledge to provide expert care and support.
- Demonstrating a deep understanding of learning disabilities and challenging behaviors.
- Fostering a kind and supportive atmosphere that promotes clients’ comfort and dignity.
- Participating in regular supervisions and team meetings to enhance your skills and contribute to your collaborative approach.
- Health and wellbeing, supporting someone to make positive choices about eating well, taking exercise and maintaining good hygiene. It might also involve providing emotional support, or helping them with dressing, washing and personal care.
- Leisure and social activities, this could be taking part in a yoga class, painting, or going out for a coffee, be prepared to get stuck in! Like all of us, the people we support need to do the things they enjoy and get involved in the local community to stay happy and healthy.
- We strive on supporting things like paying bills, attending appointments, shopping, cooking, and cleaning which can be challenging for someone with a learning disability, so you’ll be on hand to support and encourage them.
- As their support worker you’ll make sure our clients rights are upheld and they are being treated with consideration and respect.
- And of most importance ensuring administration of medication is done correctly, such as dispensing and recording medicines for the people you support and maintaining accurate records and reports. Everything you do should be in line with current legislative and care standards.
Candidate Skills & Experience Required:
What we are looking for in a fit for the a support worker:
- 12+ months experience working in the care sector
- Car driver, not essential but desirable
- In-depth knowledge of learning disabilities and behaviors that challenge.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a nurturing demeanor.
- A commitment to delivering high-quality care and support.
- Part time and full time contracts
- Immediate start available
- Opportunities for professional development and advancemen
- Supportive and engaging work environment
- Contribution to the well-being of the Plymouth community
- DBS supplied
- Training and Development
- Pension and other benefits
If you are a caring with a dedication to improving the lives of those in need, we invite you to apply for this position. Join our Client in their mission to provide exceptional care and support in Plymouth and the surrounding areas.
To apply, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Gemma. Many thanks for your interest.