33k to 35k
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Seeking an experienced Team Leader to join a well sought after Manufacturing business in Plymouth, awarded as an ‘outstanding employer’ this business takes great care of their teams and offers excellent benefits. Direct report to the Production Manager you will create the team ethos within the operating Cells which utilises the skills to deliver products to the established standards of quality and performance.
Continuously assess operating performance, adjusting expediently, and alerting the Production Manager to any challenges. Assisting in the development of the operating culture to create a productive and harmonious environment. Hours of work will be 7:30 to 4:30 Monday to Thursday, with an early mid day finish on a Friday.
- Optimising operating efficiency through continuous monitoring and adjustment.
- Utilisation of human resource to achieve optimum performance.
- Monitoring operator/section performance, adjusting and alerting Production Management.
- Recognising and highlighting bottlenecks or potential shortfall, taking early action to address problems.
- Ensuring SOP’s; quality standards are maintained.
- Discipline and application of Policy and Procedures.
- Working in mutual support of the team.
Performance & Standards
- Advising the Production Manager of variances relating to discipline or performance; display a positive attitude to new ideas, difficult decisions etc.
- Challenge current practice where it falls short of H&S; performance; quality or behavioural standards using support tools, as necessary.
- Maintain accurate records as defined by the manager.
- Deliver to a single standard, fairness, promotion of morale, team spirit and trust.
- Support LEAN activity encouraging operator participation.
- Assure effective communication is maintained and developed.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the KPI’s related to area of responsibility and external influencers.
- Daily preparation for the shift prior to shift commencement and continuous monitoring.
- Effective utilisation & discipline of operator resource.
- Ensuring operators are working to established standards of output and quality, addressing, as necessary.
- Identifying and minimising all aspects of non – productive time, making improvements as appropriate.
- Upkeep of all records tasked by the manager.
- Identifying, correcting, or communicating variances to the Production Manager at the earliest stage.
- Completion to schedule of all standard procedures, 6S and H&S audits
Qualifications & Experience
- NEBBS Certificate in Management
- IOSH Health & Safety Management
- Five years’ experience in Production Supervision
If you have the relevant experience and have an interest in this opportunity, please submit an up to date CV and I will be in touch to discuss the next steps!
For an informal chat regarding this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel. Many thanks for your interest.