£26K plus 25% shift premium for back shift
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Two Experienced Toolroom Machinists required for large precision engineering company based in Plymouth. The successful candidates will be required to provide and effective and prompt service of manufacture, repair and service of tooling, gauging and equipment to be used in the manufacture of all Company products for re-sale against a purchase order, ensuring that objectives on Cost, Quality and Timeliness are achieved.
- To be conversant with all machines, methods and techniques required to achieve the purpose of the job.
- To work to drawings, sketches or verbal instructions when manufacturing, repairing or servicing tooling, gauging and equipment. The job holder will communicate with their supervisor or their appointed representative on changes necessary to ensure work being carried out will function when completed and any changes necessary to improve the Cell performance on Cost, Quality and Delivery.
- To ensure that all machinery and equipment are kept in a clean, safe and fully maintained condition and that the work area is at all times clean and free from hazards, informing supervision of any discrepancies.
- To collect from the relevant storage areas all materials, equipment and documentation required to achieve the Purpose of Job.
- To account for all materials and equipment that the job holder has been designated to control for all shifts worked.
- To maintain accurate, legible records as required by the Company and Supervision using the appropriate recoding system.
- To assist in the training of Apprentices and new employees as instructed by the Toolroom Leader.
- To communicate with other employees in the Company on problems relating to tooling, gauging and equipment as instructed by the Toolroom Leader.
- To communicate with the Toolroom Leader on all problems effecting the overall performance of the Cell and the Company.
- To carry out related duties as and when required.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge & Candidate Attributes Required:
- Recognised apprenticeship gained within a precision production environment.
- Nationally recognised formal qualification in job related skill e.g. City and Guilds, NVQ, ONC etc.
- Proven, relevant, experience having worked within a toolroom from a precision engineering or lean manufacturing environment.
- Ability to understand all job related technical drawings and comply fully with the standards depicted.
- To be fully aware of the Company occupational Health and Safety regulations and associated environment aspects.
- To communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all colleague levels up to departmental management on all job related topics.
- Provide the necessary skill and expertise to assist with any departmental training linked to sub ordinate levels of operator.
If you are an experienced Toolroom Machinist with the necessary qualifications as listed above and are looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.