No. of Openings :
Job Type :
We are working with a Bodmin based Family run business who designs and manufactures specialist products supplying to several industry sectors including SATCOM & Spaceflight, Telecommunications 5G & 6G and Aerospace & Defence. As a market-leader in their field, they are committed to providing high-quality, high-performance precision products worldwide.
They seek someone who is keen and ready to learn new skills that will provide genuine prospects of an exciting and fulfilling career. If you like working with your hands and enjoy a hobby like model making, then this could be the perfect job role for you.
With guidance and training become a member of the assembly area and gain the following skills;
- Ability to use specialist hand tools to assemble our products;
- Interpret engineering drawings;
- Soldering and brazing of component assemblies;
- Comfortable working under a microscope on a regular basis;
- Work to specific processes outlined by the supervisor;
- Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, neat, and tidy.
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Experience in using small manual hand tools and can see how things ‘fit together’;
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above or equivalent;
- Experience of using IT;
- Interest in mechanical activities / mechanics;
- Ability to undertake practical activities, with good attention to detail;
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving;
- Able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to use initiative, be proactive and work efficiently as part of a team;
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines;
- Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach;
- Discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times;
- Eligible to work in UK.
If you have the relevant experience as detailed, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533