£11.73 per hour.
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
As part of the Stores team, the Warehouse Operator will be required to carry out tasks and operations as trained, in order to process, store and distribute raw materials from our suppliers, process, pack and ship finished goods to our customers and process reject and waste materials from Production. This is an ongoing termporary assignment for the successful candidate.
- Carry out stores key functions as required: Goods-In, Materials Feeding (IIP), Materials Feeding (HSS), Pick & Home Despatch, Export Pack & Despatch.
- Ensure goods-in are checked, booked in, tested where appropriate and located with minimum delay, investigating and reporting any discrepancies.
- Ensure stock and materials are issued to production and associated departments as required/requested, maintaining kanbans as necessary.
- Picking, collating and preparing shipments and documentation for all export and home despatch to ensure timely dispatch to customers, co-ordinating with carriers to arrange collections.
- Ensuring Health, Safety & Environmental requirement are followed at all times, reporting any incidents immediately.
- Maintain a high level of stock accuracy, investigating discrepancies and initiating process for correction. Participating in cycle counts, stock takes and taking ownership of the stores/yard.
- Ensure forklifts, pallet trucks and all stores equipment are maintained and operated in a safe and working order.
- Monitor all internal production waste and process as necessary to ensure sufficient waste storage is available internally and externally.
- Stores and yard are to be kept secure, tidy, clean and organised.
- Identify process improvements, coordinate with Team Leader and support implementation.
- As part of the stores team cross train and provide support as required within the warehouse.
- Carry our business deliveries/collections as necessary.
- Provide adhoc support within the business towards ensuring company objectives are achieved.
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Previous, Recent experience working within a fast paced, warehouse environment.
- Valid, Forklift Counterbalance licence gained through an external training provider.
- Good computer literacy.
- A positive approach coupled with the ability to work well as part of a team and under your own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Successful candidates will be working either a weekly alternating shift comprising of Monday – Friday 06:00 to 14:00 and Monday to Friday 14:00 to 22:00.
If you have the relevant experience as detailed, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Samantha Luxton on 01752 252533