Please Apply with Salary Expectations
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Warehouse & Goods In Manager required for large manufacturer based in Plymouth. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the goods in and stores teams to ensure production is supplied with the right materials at the right time, as cost effectively as possible. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global Manufacturer who puts quality and innovation at the fore front of their ethos.
- Responsible for the goods in and stores team comprising team leaders, stock controller and material handlers. Ensure departmental KPIs are met, including completion of cycle counts in line with schedule and meeting and exceeding booking in, put away and picking targets. Leading and participating in key supply chain improvement projects such as implementing VMI, consignment stock, Kanban pull systems and replenishment systems with min / max stock levels, as well as investigating and implementing storage improvements.
- Drive employee engagement and satisfaction through motivational and inspiration leadership and use of performance management techniques when required. Analyse staff requirements, ensuring the correct levels are in place and justify additions to team and raise required paperwork. Ensure roles and responsibilities within team are correctly identified, maintained and aligned with relevant skills matrices. Enable and ensure process compliance in the team. Attend and contribute to daily production meetings
- Improve stock accuracy through the implementation of stock control measures in the stores and production areas.
- Manage Forklift Truck and racking requirements, maintenance and inspections through third party companies. Management of the forklift truck fleet and control system. Identify and drive reductions in forklift truck movements in the factory.
- Liaising with suppliers and other departments within the business, supporting them, while working to achieve individual departmental targets and goals in support of the client’s revenue and inventory targets and operational goals for on-time customer order fulfilment. Analysis of complex data sets to help determine strategies based on supply chain and material characteristics and to justify feasible business solutions to improve total cost of ownership.
- Ensure all risk assessments and safety audits within the goods in and stores areas are completed in line with the required schedule and are correctly documented. Actively encourage hazard identification and timely completion of improvement actions
- Sign off incident / accident reports, ensuring the relative actions identified resolve root cause and are implemented in a timely manner
- Drive 5S improvement activity
- Document all departmental processes and procedures and ensure effective training against these
- Ensure completion of cycle counts in line with SAP schedule and timely completion of stock check requests by the stock controller. Coordinate and manage the investigation of stock discrepancies, interrogate SAP to identify root cause
- Implement long-term corrective actions to eliminate stock accuracy issues, assigning tasks and training to the relevant department/s
- Track plan changes caused by stock losses and using pareto method focus resource on the main issues
- Appropriate management of lineside stock, including identifying and maintaining min / max stock levels to ensure availability of parts with no stock outs
- Optimise picking processes, consider single piece flow from stores through to production
- Measure, analyse and improve booking in, put away and picking efficiency and accuracy
- Identify opportunities for warehouse storage improvements
- Ensure the correct storage of materials in all warehouses
- Keep manager up to date with any roadblock issues
- Develop detailed, comprehensive baby A3s for the goods in and stores areas and stock accuracy with improvement actions linked to departmental KPIs and present at the monthly strategy review meetings
- Explore opportunities for VMI and / or outsourcing of kitting activities. Work with suppliers to implement long term viable solutions. Justify recommendations backed up by comprehensive data analysis
- Identify system improvements particularly WMS and barcoding opportunities to improve stock control
- Using knowledge of lean principles implement Kanban pull systems using runners, repeaters, strangers methodology where appropriate
- Assist the Manager with budgetary tasks and goals. Work to budget and identify and act upon opportunities for improvement.
Experience, Qualifications and Candidate Attributes Required:
- Recent, Proven experience within a Warehouse, Logistics or Goods In Management role, preferably from within an Engineering or Manufacturing environment.
- Educated to degree standard in a relevant discipline.
- Strong people manager with excellent problem solving skills.
- Leadership qualifications such as CMI, ILM.
- SAP knowledge / experience preferred.
If you have the Experience, Qualifications and Attributes mentioned above, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.