Up to £26K DOE
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Stores / Warehouse Manager required for large manufacturer based in Plymouth. The successful candidate will be directly responsible for the management and leadership of their team, ensuring tight control of all goods in, dispatch and internal logistics functions efficiently and effectively, assisting in planning/scheduling. Keeping tight control of consumable stock through regular checks all leading towards the creation of quality product, within specified timeframes and with the least amount of waste.
- Take full responsibility for the quality and efficiency of your department through achieving and exceeding KPI’s (agreed with the Factory Manager annually).
- Managing the stock control systems and ensuring all picks for customers and production are completed effectively and efficiently.
- Communicate in an open, honest, and transparent manner whilst ensuring confidential information remains secure. Also leading and setting an example for the teams in a fair and consistent manner across the factory.
- Operating within the business systems whilst being encouraged to raise improvement ideas to Senior Management.
- Taking full responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and your staff. Ensuring you are all equipped and prepared to complete tasks at hand.
- Ensuring your team members are highly trained and multi skilled in all areas of the departments processes through written, agreed and implemented training plans.
- Working closely with other leaders to utilise resources practically and effectively, ensuring all quality requirements and deadlines are met. All whilst considering the departmental impacts effecting others.
- Reviewing your teams progress on projects by checking tasks and pushing for a completion.
- Taking full responsibility for ensuring the completion of all paperwork accurately, clearly, and completely for your team.
- Ensuring compliance to customer specifications supplied with the job sheets at every stage.
- Undertaking all necessary ordering of goods responsibly and professionally.
- Working in partnership with your team and maintenance to ensure that all equipment is well maintained to a good standard and all planned preventative maintenance is completed in a timely manner.
- Consistently driving a culture of exceeding targets and continuous improvement.
- Inputting and outputting data and information responsibly from the company systems.
- Taking responsibility for the security of the buildings (opening and closing) during your working hours if required.
- Complete fully and accurately any other reasonable request by a manager.
Essential Experience and Attributes Required:
- Proven experience as a Warehouse Manager from a manufacturing background.
- IOSH qualification or H&S training/knowledge.
- Valid counterbalance forklift licence.
- Able to effectively communicate and lead a diverse team.
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
- Able to keep an open mind to change and guide/lead change in others.
- Ability to work under pressure and still achieve results.
- Supervisory, Leadership and Management Qualifications.
- Personal drive to succeed.
If you have Warehouse Management experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.