No. of Openings :
Job Type :
To assist with the goods receipt, storage and picking of raw materials, goods for re-sale and finished goods to support production lines and completion of orders for shipping. To unload loose materials from trucks both manually and using a wide range of handling equipment to include a counterbalance fork-lift truck and pedestrian pallet trucks to move materials. To assist with bar code labelling of goods and working from BOM’s to fulfil production pick lists.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receiving raw materials and goods for re-sale and accurately label and store the goods.
- Picking materials and goods to line feed production and assist with loading finished goods to trucks and containers.
- Driving Forklift Counterbalance truck and pedestrian pallet trucks.
- Booking goods in and out onto in house computer system (SAP).
- Assisting with inventory checks on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- To comply with all company procedures for Environmental, health and safety.
- Other general warehouse duties.
QUALIFICATION & SKILLS
- It is essential to have a forklift counterbalance licence.
- Must have experience working within a busy manufacturing environment.
- It is desirable to have SAP experience or to have worked with a raw materials management system and barcode labelling system.
- Must have a very flexible attitude towards working in a multi-skilled environment.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills and used to working in a team.
This is a permanent position, 7:30 to 4:30 Monday to Thursday, with some overtime or a half day on offer on the Friday. This position is paid at £10.77 only during training (usually one month) this would then increase to £14.23 per hour, plus entitlement to the current bonus, which averages around £55 per week. Holiday is 23 days to start plus 8 statutory bank holidays, it increases by one day after 5 years – service up to a maximum of 5 days.
If you have the relevant experience as detailed, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Rachel Vellenoweth on 01752 252533.