Please apply with salary expectations
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Temp to Perm
We are recruiting for a number of Workshop Operatives for a business based in Plymouth. Ideally you will have previous experience working in a similar environment but full training will be given. You must be physically fit with excellent attention to detail, good hand to eye coordination, exceptional work ethic and team work. An understanding of processes and paperwork would be an advantage.
You will be trained within our sites to cover upholstered wood / GRP panels while understanding various gluing techniques and working with a wide range of materials.
Candidates will be trained to understand all unique aspects of panels and materials and how to quality check their own work; the final products will be fitted onto luxury superyachts which will travel the world. Candidates will eventually be working in busy, fast paced and supportive workshops to customer demands.
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Understanding company goals and structures.
- Logical thinking
- Concern for Quality
- Team Player
- Sticking to set processes
- Polite and pleasant manner
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Be organised, clean and tidy
- Honest and reliable
- Positive attitude and lead by example
- Good team player
- Good communication skills
- Have a calm approach to difficult situations
- You must be able to work in different departments/sites so ideally you will need to have your own transport
- Experience in bench/hands on work would be an advantage.
Hours of work:
39 hours per week. Monday – Thursday 7.30am – 4.30pm and Friday 7.30am – 12.30pm
If you are available immediately and would like the opportunity to learn a new skill, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533.