Please apply with salary expectations
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
We are seeking an experienced Workshop Technician to join a well established manufacturing company on a permanent basis. To assist the Workshop Co-ordinator in the manufacture and testing of prototype parts and assemblies to prove Research and Design Concepts. Provide rework to Production and Goods inwards to meet Just in Time Manufacturing Targets.
- To accurately and efficiently manufacture, using the general workshop equipment, to prototype components, assemblies and mechanisms in support of Research and Design.
- To accurately and efficiently manufacture equipment, fixtures and jigs to enable repeatable testing of Research and Design prototypes.
- To safely and accurately carry out testing of Research and Design prototypes and product in accordance with test requirements and produce test records.
- Ensure the Workshop/portacabin/container areas are kept safe, clean and tidy at all times.
- Regularly maintain/annually service Workshop machines, tools and equipment, ensuring they are fit for purpose at all times.
- Ensure that workshop machinery & tools used by non-workshop staff are used in a safe and correct manner.
- When required and with agreement of their line manager, provide re-work support to the Operations Department/Quality Assurance/Production for non-conforming product.
- The role requires you to undertake training in Abrasive Wheels Safety (PUWER 1998).
- When required, present products, systems and ideas to customers in a professional way.
- Communicate with suppliers and external bodies in a professional and effective manner.
- Safe use of COSHH materials and intrinsically equipment.
- Access and evaluate new ink types/banknote substrates in line with the relevant company procedure.
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Previous recent experience in the job responsibilities detailed above.
- The role requires you to interface other departments and therefore you should be able communicate information verbally, or in writing at an appropriate level in a professional manner and create, maintain and enhance productive working relationships.
- Due to the nature of your role and the sensitive information that is available to you on a day-to-day basis, you are required to treat such information in the strictest of confidence.
- At all times you should be presentable and professional in appearance and manner and your work areas should be kept clean, tidy and presentable.
- The nature of the role requires flexibility be shown both in terms of duties and hours worked and will require UK or international travel from time to time.
- At all times you shall work in a safe manner and comply with all H&S procedures.
- You are expected to comply with all work related and quality procedures at all times and attend staff training as required.
If you have the relevant experience as detailed, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533