No. of Openings :
Job Type :
As a result of our client’s expansion plans and our continued ongoing success we are seeking a dynamic Assistant Buyer to be based at a busy Head Office in Plymouth.
As an Assistant Buyer you will work closely with the Buyer to enhance products offering to their customers. Developing relationships with new and existing Suppliers whilst ensuring maximum value and efficiency for the business.
- Assist the Buyer with proactive continuous product sourcing.
- Responsible for negotiation of terms and conditions with assigned Suppliers.
- Manage and maintain daily correspondence of assigned Suppliers.
- Achieve margin and product sell through targets.
- Maintain and develop excellent supplier relationships.
- Ensure right mix of product and maintain awareness of competitors position and market share.
- Assist the Buyer in all aspects of the buying process through –
- Attending buying meetings with the Buyer.
- UK & foreign travel where necessary.
- Forecasting of stock & placing of orders.
- Attending ad-hoc buying appointments in the Buyers’ absence to gather product information for review.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Previous experience in a retail environment.
- Proven commercial experience of trading in a fast paced and reactive environment.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong analytical excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve the business.
- Understanding of retail industry trends and how to incorporate them into the business.
Competitive Salary depending on experience
If you are currently seeking a new challenge and feel you would be a good fit, then please submit an up-to-date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please call TQR Plymouth 01752 252 533 and ask for Laura, many thanks for your interest.