£30K to £35K DOE
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Quality Engineer required for large manufacturer based in Plymouth. The successful candidate will be required to actively support the implementation, maintenance, performance and improvement of the Quality Management System by applying appropriate tools and techniques such as 8D, 5Y, APQP, PPAP. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global Manufacturer who puts quality and innovation at the fore front of their ethos.
- Actively support the implementation, maintenance, performance and improvement of the Quality Management System by applying appropriate tools and techniques such as 8D, 5Y, APQP, PPAP, FMEA etc.
- To work independently and as a team member in conducting Quality Engineering Activities.
- To work in line with company Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies, Procedures and Instructions.
- To identify performance trends and potential and actual non-conformances in products and processes through data gathering, analysis, monitoring and auditing.
- Decision making: To stop production, drive containment action and take corrective or preventative action to ensure effective and timely defect management.
- To propose and implement robust and cost effective solutions and improvements.
- To carry out audits, inspections, measurements and tests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Clear, concise, accurate and data driven reporting of results, trends, actions and progress.
- To develop effective relationships with other team members and departments, suppliers and customer personnel as appropriate to facilitate product and service quality.
- To provide training support and to overcome barriers to quality improvement.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Attributes to apply for this role:
- A minimum of a HNC level qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- A proven track of working as a Quality Engineer within a Manufacturing or Engineering environment.
- Experience / Knowledge of APQP, PPAP, FMEA, 8D.
- The ability to make decisions swiftly in order to take corrective or preventative actions as and when required.
- An excellent team player with the ability to develop effective relationships throughout all levels of the business.
If you are an experienced Quality Engineer, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.