Please apply with salary expectations
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Reporting directly to the Tax Director you will be expected to provide a high standard of service to designated clients, in preparing complex tax computations, tax planning assignments and ensuring that all statutory requirements, including deadlines, are met. To lead the tax department and communicate with all staff and directors and act on guidelines issued from the HM Revenue & Customs and other agencies on behalf of clients.
- To manage a substantial portfolio of client relationships preparing tax computations and tax returns for client businesses and individuals as required.
- Provide assistance to tax director on tax planning projects and other assignments, including capital gains tax, inheritance tax and income tax planning.
- Provide internal taxation advice to all staff members and directors when required.
- Liaising with our external tax consultant on planning projects where necessary.
- Planning, supervising and conducting all elements of tax.
- To manage and supervise the tax department staff engaged on work for your designated client portfolio.
- To deal with telephone calls from clients and HM Revenue & Customs in respect of your designated clients and dealing with correspondence arising from your tax work.
- To attend office management meetings as required.
Job Specific Responsibilities to include:
- Control tax return progress across both offices.
- Providing regular progress reports and updates to directors.
- Maintain effective communications with other client managers to ensure tax return information is received on a timely basis.
- Liaise with client managers on company year ends to pick up details for directors self assessment tax returns. Monitor completion of the returns as soon after 5 April as possible.
- Reviewing self assessment tax returns and corporation tax returns and computations.
- Completion of complex self assessment tax returns.
- Meet with new clients as and when required.
- Knowledge of trust tax, stamp duty land tax and VAT an advantage.
- Organising the housekeeping and maintenance of Digita tax pro database.
- Organise and monitor P11d preparation and completion.
- Manage the tax team and co-ordinate the work to ensure that we can establish exactly what they are working on and prioritise the work effectively amongst team members.
- Dealing effectively with technical one-off tasks from all Directors.
- Maintain the effective housekeeping of the HMRC on-line database – organise with the Admin team.
- Offer help, support and training to the tax team as and when required.
- Identify tax planning opportunities.
Salary is negotiable and will be based on qualifications and experience.
If you have the relevant experience as detailed, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533.